For the video setup guide, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG5tfF9Me60
1. You will need:
- A50 Headset
- A50 TxD
- TxD USB Power Cable, Optical Cable, A50 Charge Cable
- First, ensure the A50 Headset and TxD have the most recent firmware installed here: https://www.astrogaming.com/firmware/firmware.html Connect the A50 Headset to the TxD USB Port in order to update it on your PC. https://youtu.be/3YWhAag4RLc?t=31
- Connect the TxD to your PS3. Insert the TxD USB Power cable to the rear USB Port and connect the Optical cable to the TxD and PS3 optical connection located on the rear. https://youtu.be/3YWhAag4RLc?t=73
- Next, turn on your PS3 and wait for it to load to the home screen.
- Navigate to the “Accessory Settings” and continue to “Audio Settings” and make sure your input and output devices are selected to “Astro Wireless TxD”.
- Next, scroll down and select “Sound Settings”. Under Sound settings, select “Audio Output Settings” and select “Optical Digital”. Make sure “Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch” is selected.
- Turn your A50s on and ensure they are paired to the TxD and game and voice balance on the left ear is at 50/50. You are now ready to use your A50s.