For the video setup guide, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ils4gvizSGA
You will need:
- A30 Headset
- MixAmp Pro
- MixAmp USB Power Cable, Optical Cable, and Inline mute cable.
- First, ensure the MixAmp Pro has the most recent firmware installed here: https://www.astrogaming.com/firmware/firmware.html Ensure the MixAmp is connected to the USB Port on your PC in order to update it on your PC.
- Connect the MixAmp Pro to your PS3. Insert the MixAmp USB Power cable to the front USB Port and connect the Optical cable to the MixAmp USB port and PS3 optical connection located on the rear. https://youtu.be/Ils4gvizSGA?t=27s The A30 is the same setup as the A40 in the video.
- Next, turn on your PS3 and wait for it to load to the home screen.
- Navigate to the “Accessory Settings” and continue to “Audio Settings” and make sure your input and output devices are selected to “Astro MixAmp”.
- Next, scroll down and select “Sound Settings”. Under Sound settings, select “Audio Output Settings” and select “Optical Digital”. Make sure “Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch” is selected.
- Connect your A30’s to your MixAmp by plugging the Inline mute cable into the headset, and the other end of the cable into the port on the MixAmp with the headset icon. https://youtu.be/Ils4gvizSGA?t=5s The A30 is the same setup as the A40 in the video. You are now ready to use your A30’s on the PS3.