For the video setup guide, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZzqXf985JM&t
- A40 TR Headset
- MixAmp TR
- USB Power Cable, Optical Cable, and A40 Inline Mute Cable
- First, ensure the MixAmp TR has the most recent Software installed here: https://www.astrogaming.com/firmware/firmware.html Ensure the MixAmp TR is connected to the USB Port on your PC in order to update it on your PC through the ASTRO Command Center.
- Connect the MixAmp TR to your PC. Insert the MixAmp TR USB Power cable to a USB port on your PC. If you’re also using a optical cable, hook up the optical cable to the optical port on your computer.
- Put your MixAmp Pro Into PC Mode. To do this, hold down the power button on the MixAmp TR for 3-5 seconds. You will see the power buttons LED light illuminate from red to white.
- Next, Right click the speaker icon in your task bar and select “Playback devices”:
- If your computer features an optical output, locate the digital optical output and set this as your default device. Right click the device and navigate to Properties > Supported formats. Ensure that Dolby Digital Live is enabled and DTS is disabled, if featured, and that the sampling frequency is set at 48.0 kHz.
- If your computer does not feature an optical output and you’re using only the USB cable to connect, locate the ASTRO MixAmp Pro and set as default device.
- Connect your A40’s to your MixAmp TR by plugging the Inline mute cable into the headset, and the other end of the cable into the port on the MixAmp TR with the headset icon. You are now ready to use your A40 TR System on your Computer.